Photography has become the most popular form of art and people are appreciating it a lot more. This is the right time to give credit to social media websites for this popularity. If you are a passionate photographer eagerly ready to showcase your incredible clicks and looking for the right platform to showcase your photos, creating a photography site in WordPress is the best option, undoubtedly. Around 40% of the global websites are created on WordPress and the main reasons for its popularity are – its simple interface and unlimited customization.
Using a WordPress photography theme, you can easily create a professional photography site and share your photos in a meaningful way either on social media or as a business site. Your photos are undoubtedly incredible and captivating, but for them to achieve maximum eyes online, your website must have a design that does them justice and repay fair love.
Picking the right theme for your photo album is the ideal solution – you’ll be looking for design and typography that flatters rather than overpowers your images, with slider, and a myriad of customization options. They believe, ‘The perfect piece’ doesn’t exist, but we reckon that it exists, yes, and it exists in a variety of themes.
Here are the best WordPress photography themes as of today. The list is a compilation of free themes, worth exploring. Read till the end of the best free WordPress themes for photographers to showcase your photography and get in the pilot seat for your photography website in WordPress today.
1. Elemento Photography
Elemento Photography is the most popular WordPress photography theme. The theme has received 4.5 stars out of 5 average ratings from its existing and new users. This WordPress Photography theme comes with a complete set of features allowing you to create a top-notch photography site for those timeless clicks.
- pre-designed photo gallery and portfolio template.
- 9 thumbnail hover effects, 2 lightbox plugins, etc.
- various options to password protect galleries, photo proofing, client archive page, and customer protection.
fPhotography is an awesome WordPress theme crafted for photographers, bloggers, agencies, and photo studios. It will help you build professional photography sites in no time. It’s simple, easy to use, and you can configure the theme settings and customize the design as per your desire without hiring a developer.
- Powerful photoprotection options including password protection.
- Right-click protection, and watermarks for securing photographs from copying and theft.
- Fully featured eCommerce options for business.
- Easy import of the predefined demos and customization.
3. Infinite Photography
This creative ‘Infinite Photography’ theme is suitable for building websites for photographers, artistic freelancers, and creative businesses. It comes with a highly inborn visual page builder that will allow you to create web pages easily, like any other pro. Designed for professional photographers, it has a modern and classy design, stunning sliders, carousels, password-protected galleries, and much more.
- 43 beautiful demos
- pre-built sample page.
- Multiple layout possibilities.
- Complete control over colors and typography.
- Multiple header styles and infinite menu styles.
4. Multipurpose Photography
A fully responsive ‘Multipurpose Photography’ theme for WordPress is perfectly suitable for your collection. This theme comes with a wide library of amazing features and functionalities to let you showcase your photos online. You can create beautiful photo galleries and manage them professionally with eCommerce options, thumbnail customization, lightbox effects, slideshows, etc.
- easy to design
- Built-in grid layout
- SEO friendly
- social media integration
- Limitless customization options.
- Fully control fonts, sizes, color, spacing, etc. on your theme to design your site beautifully.
5. Photography Gridly
Another powerful and super-flexible WordPress theme for creating a wide variety of websites including agency, photography, wedding, restaurant, eCommerce, or fitness sites. You can create a one-page WordPress website for your photography collection with this theme. The theme the Themify Builder page builder plugin built-in to allow you to design your site easily and beautifully. Most popular drag and drops page builders available on the market.
- pre-designed theme demos
- multi design grid layout
- Stunning gallery look
- Masonry-style projects
- A great choice for stylish photography sites.
6. Seos Photography
Multipurpose themes sometimes get a bad rap – there’s no questioning their flexibility, but that quality can often cause an offering to lack the focus needed to excel in any niche. However, TheGem is the exception – if you could cut it open, it would bleed quality, regardless of its application. For further design customization, the bundled Visual Composer plugin can be pressed into service – enabling you to create almost any layout design imaginably.
- Myriad of font and color choices, along with six header styles.
- A plethora of demo pages to help you get up and running in a flash.
- Three outstanding slider plugins – Slider Revolution, LayerSlider, and NivoSlider – to help you create stunning hero screens with compelling calls to action.
- A number of portfolio pages to choose from.
- Photography-specific designs on hand including various masonry and grid layouts.
7. Bold Photography
A creative WordPress theme for photographers looking for an easy start to showcase their photography skills. Photography Wiso has advanced photography site features like gallery proofing, enable downloads, watermarking images, creating PDF files, etc. Besides, you can create a client page, events, booking calendar, etc. with ease.
- albums and galleries that you can show in WordPress
- Easy and free customization as per your needs
- Replacement options of the dummy content with original content, and publishing
- Sell your products by creating a shop page
- Performance-optimized and SEO-friendly.
8. Photography Blog
If you want to showcase a blog along with photography, this theme is the best match for you.
- Deep integration with the popular plugins WPBakery Visual Page Builder, and Slider Revolution
- Ultimate Addons for Visual Composer.
- Multiple pre-designed demos ready for 1-click importation
- 17 portfolio grid styles, and unlimited sliders
- Advanced header and footer options to create a truly unique-looking site.
9. TS Photography
TS Photography a beautiful WordPress theme specially designed for professional photographers. The theme has deep integration with the WooCommerce plugin to allow you to create a shop and sell your photos. The theme also has Flickr and Instagram integration so that you can display photos directly from your Instagram or Flickr accounts.
- Demos are crafted for different types of photographers such as fashion, food, events and conferences, travel, and wedding photography.
- Advanced options for client management and photo proofing for creating client accounts
- Different styles for galleries like the grid layout, masonry, horizontal, and fullscreen
- Creative sliders
10. Fog Lite
Both professional photographers and more casual artists need access to a top-quality theme for showcasing their work and we don’t doubt Inspiro as a perfect fit for all. It provides practically everything a photographer needs to successfully show others what they do. Overall, Inspiro is a simple theme with basic functionality. However, it does its job well. In our opinion, it’s a solid and well-rounded option for your photography website, and the included features represent pretty much everything you’ll need for displaying and selling your work online. This theme supports the free Beaver Builder plugin and is compatible with the Unyson Page Builder – meaning you have plenty of options for building your layout.
- Photograph + portfolio layout, so there’s a space for abour section too.
- Fullscreen headers,
- Gallery modules,
- Slideshow widgets, and much more besides.
You May Also Like: 10 Best free WordPress Themes for Consulting Business
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Best Free Photography WordPress Themes
1. How to create a Photography website in WordPress?
The first thing you need to create a photography website in WordPress is to set up your wordpress domain and hosting. A domain name is your website’s identity on the internet. For example, Google’s domain is Google.com. And Web hosting is a setup where you upload your website, images, etc. so others can see it. Every website needs web hosting. While there are tons of domain registering and WordPress hosting companies out there, BlueHost is a great option for you.
2. How to choose the best photography theme in WordPress for a beginner photographer?
Choosing a theme is the crucial step while building up your website. WordPress comes with thousands of free and premium photography themes. While choosing a suitable theme for your genre, you should consider these key points to look for- simplicity, captivating, responsive, mobile-friendly, browser compatibility, plugins supportive, and multilingual ready.
3. Does one need to know how to code to use a WordPress Photography theme?
Of course not! Most WordPress users today are from a non-programming background. WordPress itself has a lot of rich tools, features and plugins at hand to manage, build and make any changes to a website easily and without coding. All you need is a good, and creative vision.
4. How can one install Best Image gallery plugins in the WordPress Photography website?
To create visually stunning image galleries for your website, go ahead and install, e.g. the Envira Gallery plugin. You can do this by going to Plugins » Add New from your WordPress Admin and search for ‘Envira Gallery ‘. It will show you the option to install the Envira Gallery plugin. Before starting it, name your gallery and then drag and drop your photos in the image section. A popup will appear with all your uploaded photos. Select the images that you want to include in this image gallery and click on the Insert Images into the Gallery button. Once the images are added, you can go to the Configuration tab to change the settings for your image gallery.
5. How can one add pages and posts on the WordPress Photography website?
Once you have activated the theme, you can go ahead to Pages » Add New to add your website pages one by one. You can edit these pages, later if you want to add your website content for each page individually. Some pages you can start with “About”, “Services”, “Gallery”, and “Contact”. Leave these pages blank for now but make sure to publish them. Once you have created a few pages, simply go to Appearance » Menus to create the menu for your website and click on the ‘create a new menu’ link. You will need to give a name to your menu and click on the Create Menu button. It will add all your pages to the new menu by default. You can remove any unwanted pages by expanding the menu item and clicking on Remove.
6. Why should one prefer WordPress for web designing?
You might be wondering why go with WordPress only for your amazing website when there are other appealing options available. Well, here is a quick checklist for ‘Why WordPress Only’:
- 5 – minute installation procedure convenient for beginners to pro.
- The developers can create professional WordPress themes, including custom WordPress design templates.
- One can also develop custom WordPress plugins or even customize any third-party plugins to enrich the CMS driven website with features.
- Whether you have a standalone business blog or a small page-based website, WordPress has all the CMS features you need.
- WordPress photography themes are simple, flexible, and powerful.
- WordPress is an open-source blog publishing program and free to use. You use WordPress to manage posts, comments, and files.
If you are looking for a dark theme or a light one to show your images or starting your photography business digitally. We have selected an amazing collection of free WordPress themes for photographers to help you make your decision easier and best suitable for your hard work. Each theme has great features and options to make your customization. The Impreza theme is a viable option.
You can try these themes before you find the right one since they are all free switching-between themes. Moreover, you can always update to the premium version if you need some extra support or help setting it up, as WordPress also supports the developers who spend time designing and coding the theme.
Today, millennial designed, clean, and modern photography themes are in high demand as many professionals as well as newbie photographers are always looking to update their portfolios, therefore, the best and free WordPress themes for photographers can make a difference in how your artwork looks and presents itself.